Do You Know Why Your Customers Buy From YOU?
Why do you think customers come to you? If you don’t have the answer, you better try to find out soon. If you get clarity around customer triggers, you can focus on creating a better marketing, advertising strategy that will produce you better results. So what is the right way to find out why customers buy from you?
Why Don’t You Just Ask Them?
Is it right to ask them directly as to why they prefer you to your competitors? Most businesses would think twice before questioning customers about their preferences. But it is absolutely right to ask them about their preference for your business. In fact, customers love the fact that a business is interested to get some feedback. This creates an impression that their feedback is valued. When a customer feels happy, they are more likely to become loyal followers of your brand.
A Small Gift Can Do The Trick.
You may be thinking of rewarding a customer in return for their feedback. It is certainly a good idea that would pay you dividends and reinforce your relationship with customers. But the gift giving should not come first. It should always come once you have received their feedback; otherwise customers may be obligated to give positive feedback, but your focus should be to get constructive feedback that could help you improve your business.
You should always look for fresh information, so do not hesitate to ask the key question regularly. Once you get the information why people buy from you, it is easier to adjust your messaging strategy to drive these points home.
Boost Your Holiday Sales!
Since the holiday season is already here, you want to make more and more sales. The trick is to keep customers coming back for more. The key to this lies in strengthening relationships with existing customers, who have a higher chance of turning loyal. In fact, return customers are happy to spread the word about your business, since they have tried and tested your products/services. Of course, this does not mean you should not focus on converting leads into sales.
Here are a few tips to bring back customers:
- Stay in touch on social networks, share timely newsletters with some exciting offers, and send a special incentive. Purposeful communication is the key here.
- Touch base with customers, telling them that you miss them and have something special for esteemed customers.
- Shift focus on improving offerings. Step into the shoes of customers and find out the reasons that attract you to the business. Do you have something special to attract holiday sales?
- Reward them for their loyalty in the form of a birthday coupon, discount sales, a special offer, or anything special that could add a surprise element for them and tempt them to come back to you.
- Give back to the community and showcase to the world your community building efforts. Raise awareness about an issue. Let customers know that by doing business with you, they are indirectly helping the cause.
- Express gratitude to build lasting relationships. A Thank You note in your handwriting could come in handy and win you customer loyalty.
- Bring in friendly, qualified customer representatives, who can alleviate customer concerns, listen to them patiently, and politely convey that the team is working on resolving the issue.
- Make it hassle-free for customers to contact you in order to impress them and boost holiday sales. Do not hesitate to offer prompt response to emails and post social media comments.
The National Retail Federation projects total holiday retail sales to rise to $655.8 billion this holiday season.
So, make sure your eCommerce store is ready for the spike. For more such ideas to attract customer loyalty and boost holiday sales, read our post Make Your Holiday Sales Customers Keep Coming Back for More.